Glossary of Dental Implantology (Wiley-Blackwell. USA. May 2018)
Writen by Dr Khalid Almas
BDS, MSc, FDSRCS (Edin), FRACDS (Syd), MSc, DDPH. RCS (Eng), FICD, AAOM
Co-Authors: Fawad Javed & Steph Smith
Over the past couple of decades, Dental Implantology has undergone remarkable evolution to become one of the most important, and sought-after aspects of clinical dentistry around the globe. Glossary of Dental Implantology is an evidence-based and consensus-based systematic assortment of global oro-dental implant terminologies. The aim is to promote effective communication among dental professionals, clinicians, researchers, scientists, as well as the manufacturers. The said glossary mentions all the relevant terminologies in implant dentistry, defining them comprehensively under one cover.
The 280-page book is available with various online retailers, including Amazon and Barnes and Noble.
Click on the following link to purchase the book: www.wiley.com/buy/9781118626887
The book author, Professor Khalid Almas, graduated from de’Montmorency College of Dentistry, University of Punjab, Lahore, Pakistan. He did Master in Periodontology from UK, and later acquired Master in Dental Public Health from Eastman Dental Institute (London Hospital Medical College, University of London). He earned fellowships in dental surgery from Royal Australasian College of Dental Surgery and Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh, Scotland, UK. Dr Almas is also a fellow of American Academy of Oral Medicine and International College of Dentists.
Currently, Dr Almas is serving as Professor of Periodontology and Graduate Periodontics Program Director, at Imam Abdulrahman Bin Faisal University (Formerly: University of Dammam, College of Dentistry), Dammam, Saudi Arabia. He also maintains his visiting/volunteer professor position at University of Connecticut, USA and at Rawal Institute of Medical Sciences, Islamabad, Pakistan.
- American Academy of Periodontology; AAP 2011 Educator Award, in recognition of “Outstanding Teaching and Mentoring in Periodontics”. USA
- University of Dammam, College of Dentistry; Best Researcher of the Year award, 2015”. KSA
- Editorial / Ad hoc Reviewer Services: Made contributions to more than 15 biomedical and dental journals.
- International Examiner: (Malaysia, Sweden and Sudan)
PhD Examiner: Universities in Asia, Africa and Europe
PhD and Master’s Examiner: University of Khartoum, Sudan
Periodontics MD Examiner, Sudan Medical Specialty Board.
More than 200 papers in peer-reviewed dental and Medical journals. Authored one complete book, and many chapters for books published in various countries.
- Publications available on Google Scholar and pubmed.
- License to practice in USA, UK, Pakistan and the Middle East.
- Delivered Lectures as an invited speaker in four continents.