Islamabad: In a recent notification, Pakistan Medical and Dental Commission (PMDC) cancelled the accreditation and registration of 10 medical and dental Colleges.
The official document released by Registrar PMDC forbade colleges to admit new batch of students. It further said, “It is informed to all the concerned through Public notice that since all the actions are taken and decisions made by the Pakistan Medical Commission (PMC) have been declared unlawful, provisional accreditation/registration would sail in the same boat especially when there is no provision for such accreditation or registration.”
The notification said that the colleges have been topped from admitting fresh students. Those students who have already been admitted for the session 2019-20 in the said colleges would be rehabilitated/ adjusted in the colleges already accredited /recognised by PM&DC and notified by Federal Government.
The document read, “The colleges whose provisional accreditation has been declared unlawful, have to inspect afresh in the near future.”
The names of the colleges are the following:
- Abbottabad International Medical College, Abbottabad
- Fazaia Ruth PFAO Medical College, Karachi
- Dow Dental College, Karachi
- Muhammad Dental College, Mirpurkhas, Sindh
- Swat Medical College, SWAT (KPK)
- Shifa College of Dentistry Shifa Tameer-e-Millat, Islamabad
- Azra Naheed Dental College, Lahore
- Watim Medical College, Rawalpindi
- Khairpur Medical College, Khairpur Mirs, Sindh
- Dental Section, Rawal Institute of Health Sciences, Islamabad
It was further said that the Ad hoc Council of PMDC has decided to adjust all students already studying in the above-mentioned colleges to other approved medical/dental colleges to save their future and precious time.
“All these colleges are directed to transfer the entire amount received admitting universities as soon as possible but not later than one month from the publication of this advertisement so that they could adjust the students at the earliest,” the notification said.